If Modi Can Put Money in Pockets of Ambani, Nirav Modi, Congress Can Put Money in Pockets of Poor People: Rahul Gandhi
At a rally in Karnataka, he said, "Modi talks about corruption, but the whole country knows he is corrupt."
Congress president Rahul Gandhi, on March 9, while addressing a gathering at Haveri in Karnataka, attacked the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Here are a few noteworthy quotes from his speech:
– Our government is pro-farmer and pro-poor. We will together work for the prosperity of Karnataka.
– BJP wants to divide the nation into two parts. One for people like Anil Ambani, Mehul Choksi and the other for poor farmers, labourers and the marginalised. We want one nation where everyone gets justice.
– Farmers are the backbone of our country. And we will stand with them through all their struggles. They pay for insurance but insurance companies benefit from it.
– Congress is going to implement another historic policy — Minimum Income Guarantee.
– If Narendra Modi can put money in pockets of Anil Ambani, Nirav Modi and Mehul Chowksi, Congress can put money in pockets of poor people.
– In Parliament, PM Modi says MNREGA is a mistake and mocks the scheme. He reduced funding to this scheme.
– I raised a few important questions on Rafale in the Parliament. Why was Anil Ambani given the deal? And why was HAL sidelined, stealing many job opportunities from the youth of Karnataka? When I raised questions to Mr Modi about Rafale deal, he couldn’t meet my eyes.
– Explain to the nation what you did when the Chinese invaded Doklam. You were with Chinese premiere while that happened. : Congress President.
– A few days ago, Narendra Modi came to Karnataka and said that we are giving a lollipop to farmers in the form of farm loan waivers. He referred to the Rs11,000 Cr farm loan waiver as a “lollipop”.
– Anil Ambani has a debt of Rs 45,000 Crores, and he was given Rs 30,000 Crores by Mr Modi in the form of Rafale deal. Narendra Modi said he wants to be Chowkidar of the country; instead, in the Rafale deal, he gave Rs 30,000Cr to Anil Ambani. The slogan of “Acche Din Aayenge” has changed to “Chowkidar chor hai”.
– Narendra Modi talks about corruption, but the whole country knows he is corrupt.
– A few days ago, our soldiers were martyred in Pulwama. Who sent Masood Azhar, who was responsible for Pulwama terror attack, back to Pakistan? It was then BJP govt which released JeM chief Masood Azhar, why is PM not speaking about it.
– Ajit Doval, who is the National Security Advisor for the Modi Govt, escorted head of JeM Masood Azhar back to Pakistan. We are not like Narendra Modi, we don’t bow down to terrorists.