Demolishing The Myth Of An Incorruptible Modi Government
Yeddyurappa, Parrikar etc. are small fry. Let's look at Narendra Modi, Amit Shah, Arun Jaitley and Piyush Goyal.
The biggest lie the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) propagated is the incorruptibility of the party or its leaders. We will not talk of the 95 per cent anonymous source of funding of the party through cash or electoral bonds. Let us look at the personal integrity of top quartet of BJP leadership — Modi, Amit Shah, Jaitley and Piyush Goyal. Yeddyurappa, Parikkar etc. are small fry. Here is the charge sheet:
1) Narendra Modi:
Let us not talk of Rafale nor the riots. Let us hold him to his judgement of the Gandhi family based on diary notings:
– Birla Diaries: In Oct 2013, a raid on Birla Group fetched a Rs 25 crore cash haul, accepted by the Birla accountant as from Hawala operators. This raid also recovered diary notings and emails. One such mail was about payment of Rs 25 crores to Gujarat CM with all relevant details. Not even an investigation has been ordered to date.
– Sahara Diaries: in Nov 2014, a raid was conducted by IT which recovered 137 crores in cash and a cache of emails, diaries etc.
One particular spreadsheet mentioned Rs 115 crore in cash, received during the year 2013 to 2014 and disbursement of this cash to various people. The largest recipient with nine entries against his name was ‘Gujarat CM Modi Ji’ totalling Rs 40 crores. The Modi government actively opposed any investigation into this diary.
2) Amit Shah:
His son Jay Shah seemed to have acquired a magic wand. Revenue from his company jumped from just Rs 50,000 to over Rs 80 Crores, all in a single year. A firm, whose business was stock trading, turns to windmill generation with a loan sanctioned by IREDA, a PSU under Piyush Goyal.
3) Arun Jaitley ‘s Daughter:
– Dec 2017, Mehul Choksi and Nirav Modi, who were defrauding Indian Banks, hired Arun Jaitley’s daughter as their lawyer and paid her Rs 24 lacs for services.
– January 2018, when the scam breaks, they escape India.
– Feb 2018, the money was returned back to Choksi to evade any association or links.
4) Piyush Goyal:
– His family owned a company, Flashnet when Modi government was formed.
– His declaration, dated July 24, 2014, mentions Rs 1,01,300 as the total value of “unquoted securities (book value)”.
– In September 2014, this stock was sold to Piramal enterprises for Rs.30 Crores or 3000 times the face value.
– During the time of this transaction, Goyal was the minister of Power and Piramal were active in the power and infrastructure sectors.
– Besides, in all declarations made to the PM in 2014 and 2015, this transaction was not disclosed.
Do you still believe in the bull shit of incorruptibility of these guys? Think.
(This article first appeared on Maheshwar Peri’s Facebook)