Inquiry Ordered After M.P. Police Aspirants Get Caste Marked On Chests
The incident triggered a massive debate on social media.
Bhopal, Apr 29
- An inquiry has been ordered after photos showed aspirants for the post of police constables had their caste categories written on their bare chests in Madhya Pradesh’s Dhar district.
- Photographs in various newspapers showed aspirants with “SC” (Scheduled Caste), “ST” (Scheduled Tribe) and “G” (General) marked with sketch pens on their chests as they queued up for their medical examination yesterday.
- The incident triggered a massive debate on social media.
- Those conducting the medical examination process had told police that the markings were made to tell apart candidates belonging to different categories as the physical requirements for each of these categories were different, Dhar Superintendent of Police Birendra Singh said.
- “However, they should have used other ways to differentiate. This is a serious matter,” the SP said.
- He had ordered an inquiry into the incident, to be conducted by a deputy SP rank officer, he added.