May a good source be with you.

Karnataka: 12 Dead after Eating Poison-laced Prasad Offered at Temple Gathering in Chamarajanagar

There was an ongoing dispute between two factions regarding the construction of the temple tower.

A dozen people reportedly died and around 70 fell sick after eating poison-laced prasad served at a gathering in a village temple in Karnataka’s Chamarajanagar district on Friday, December 14.

According to a report published in the Deccan Herald, it was initially believed that the people had died due to food poisoning. However, upon police investigation, it was found out that the prasad had been poisoned. The police had arrested two villagers, Madesha and Chennappa — who was a member of the village panchayat — in the case.

NDTV, meanwhile, reported that police were on the lookout for five more suspects in the case.

The incident occurred at the Kitchukattu Maramma temple in Sulvadi village, in Hanur taluka. Reportedly, there was an ongoing dispute between two factions over the construction of the temple tower. Puttaranga Shetty, the minister-in-charge for Chamarajanagar said, “Whoever may be the culprit, action will be taken against them. Police are investigating the case and have already arrested two people. There was some dispute between two groups. I think something has happened.”

Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy has announced a compensation of Rs five lakhs to the dead victims’ families. The cost of treatment for the ill, who have been admitted to local government hospitals, will also be borne by the state.

Also Read: Maharashtra: Couple Murders Three-month-old Daughter Because They Wanted a Son

अब आप न्यूज़ सेंट्रल 24x7 को हिंदी में पढ़ सकते हैं।यहाँ क्लिक करें
+