‘I’ve Never Seen Such a Weak, Coward PM’: Priyanka Gandhi Tears Into Modi at Pratapgarh Rally
“Forget about listening to your demands, this PM does not even know how to answer you.”
Congress leader Priyanka Gandhi on Thursday, May 9 hit out at Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s arrogance while addressing a political rally in Pratapgarh, Uttar Pradesh. The constituency votes on 12 May.
She spoke on the distressing farm crisis, larger than life BJP campaigns, healthcare, education, among other things.
Following are the important excerpts from her speech:
- I have never seen such a weak, coward Prime Minister in my whole life.
- Political power is not derived from huge campaigns and then telecasting them on TV. Political power is that which believes the people are supreme, which listens to the people, solves their problems, listens to criticisms, listens to the demands of other parties. Forget about listening to your demands, this PM does not even know how to answer you.
- You ask— what happened to our 15 lakh… what happened to our 2 crore jobs… what happened to doubling our MSP… there is no answer, they hide from you. That is why they organise huge rallies and talk of this and that.
- You are the Prime Minister, you are so powerful, you have a lot of arrogance. Please answer, having a majority, having so much power why can’t you solve the country’s problems? Why do you blame others?
- Sometimes he (Modi) talks of Pakistan, sometimes he talks of others, talks of the past, please tell us what have you done in the last five years?
- Every Congress leader believes this: People is greater than them, he is not above the public.
- For five years, they (BJP) neglected the farmers… Two months before the elections Kisan Samman Yojana was announced… If you have 5 members in your family, how do you run your house on just Rs 6,000 from that yojana?… This is Kisan Apman (insult) Yojana!
- When our party comes at the Centre, the food park in Amethi… will be started… which will benefit all farmers in the surrounding area.
- Every district will get a mini food park, so that your crops are directly connected to the country’s markets.
- BJP wrecked MNREGA. Congress will extend it from 100 days to 150 days of employment, and strengthen it.
- My sisters will get 33% reservation in the Lok Sabha. So that our voice reaches the parliament.
- For children’s education till class 12 government schools will provide free education.
- For health, government hospitals will provide free health checkups and cure.
- Your right and your power will be returned to your hands, it will not be in the hand of one arrogant politician.
You can watch the full speech here: