May a good source be with you.

Setback to Modi Govt: All Rafale Documents in Public Domain to be Considered by Supreme Court

The review petitions will be decided on merit, the court said.

The Supreme Court on Wednesday, April 10 dismissed Modi government’s preliminary objections objection claiming privilege over documents used by petitioners to seek review of Rafale judgement.

A bench of Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi, Justices Sanjay Kishan Kaul and KM Joseph said that the review petitions against its Dec 14 verdict dismissing all petitions against procurement of Rafale jets will be decided on merits.

“We are delighted at unanimous verdict dismissing Centre’s argument on admissibility of documents,” former union minister and petitioner Arun Shourie told PTI.

Also Read: A Memory Jogger: When Modi Govt Told SC That Rafale Files Had Been Stolen

The Centre had submitted that the documents were procured by petitioners in an illegal way and used to support their review petitions.

Attorney General KK Venugopal had argued in court that the Defence Ministry note submitted by petitioners was “stolen”, from the Ministry. However, he had later clarified that he meant to say that the documents were photcopied without permission. He had also argued that using the note was an offence under the Official Secrets Act.

(With PTI Inputs)

अब आप न्यूज़ सेंट्रल 24x7 को हिंदी में पढ़ सकते हैं।यहाँ क्लिक करें
+