At Gaya Rally, Rahul Gandhi Slams Modi Govt Over Rampant Unemployment, Poverty
Gandhi also said that for the NYAY scheme, the Congress party will not raise income tax for the middle class.
Congress president Rahul Gandhi addressed Jan Sankalp Rally in Gaya, Bihar, on Tuesday and spoke on basic income support for the poor (NYAY), unemployment, a separate budget for farmers and filling government jobs among other things.
Following are some of his important quotes from the rally:
- If your income is less than Rs 12,000 per month then Congress will deposit Rs 72,000 per year in your bank account.
- I don’t want to lie… I could have said I’d deposit Rs 15 lakh in your bank accounts but that would harm the economy… I won’t do anything to hurt the economy. I won’t do something like demonetisation…like Gabbar Singh Tax(GST) but I will deposit Rs 72,000 in bank accounts of the poor.
- They want to create two Indias— one of Anil Ambani, Mehul Choksi, Nirav Modi, Narendra Modi; of Rs 15 lakh suit; of Mercedes cars. And a second India— yours and mine; of unemployed youth; of workers & farmers. We won’t let them… There will be NYAY (justice)
- Whenever we try to give money to the poor —we waived loans worth Rs 70,000 crore during UPA rule— when we talk about NYAY, Narendra Modi asks where will the money come from?
- Indian middle class don’t be fooled, the money for NYAY won’t be deducted from your pockets. Income tax will not be hiked. The money for NYAY will come out of Anil Ambani, Nirav Modi and Mehul Choksi’s pocket, the Chowkidar’s pocket
- Narendra Modi promised Bihar a special status, but the only special status he gave to the state was of being the poorest, the most unemployed.
- Amit Shah’s bank converted black money worth Rs. 700 crore into white. He has a bank in Gujarat. His son Jay Shah had Rs. 50,000. In three months he had a business worth Rs. 80 crore. This is Narendra Modi’s ‘Acche Din.’
- If Bihar’s youth wants to open their business, they won’t require permission from any government department for the first 3 years.
- Just as car keys jumpstart the engine of a car, NYAY will jumpstart India’s economy
- Farmers should be clearly shown what is to be done for them in a year. How much minimum support price (MSP) will be hiked, how much loans will be waived, how much money will deposited in their bank accounts.
- Along with the main budget we will make a budget for farmers.
- No farmer will be imprisoned if they can’t repay their loans.
- 22 lakh government jobs will be filled and 10 lakh panchayats can employ youth, I will fill those up as well.
- Modiji is wasting the nation’s time. Five years were wasted. Don’t waste anymore time.