Narendra Modi Has His Contribution, He Showed Us How Not To Run A Country: Rahul Gandhi Speaks To Ravish Kumar
"We are fighting against the ideology that is a threat to the Constitution."
In Madhya Pradesh’s Shujalpur, after a rally, Congress president Rahul Gandhi spoke to NDTV‘s Ravish Kumar in a candid interview. During the conversation, Rahul Gandhi addressed several issues, ranging from Sam Pitroda’s reprehensible comments on the 1984 Sikh pogrom, the constant jibes from Prime Minister Narendra Modi on the Gandhi family, and the Lok Sabha Polls.
The following are a few key quotes from the interview:
- Sam Pitroda was wrong (regarding his comments on the 1984 anti-Sikh riots). There is no debate on the 1984 tragedy. Whoever committed violence, they should be booked and punished.
- Narendra Modi has contributed to the country by showing us how not to run the country.
- It is a country that is filled with love. He’s filled with personal hatred. At public functions, I meet with him with love. Even then he doesn’t reply. I talk to him respectfully. He doesn’t speak even then.
- Narendra Modi talks about Rajiv ji, about Nehru ji, about Indira ji. I know the truth. I know my grandmother’s truth. I know it’s all lies that he is spreading. What difference does it make? It is okay if you say ‘Naamdar’. It will be clear on May 23.
- We are fighting against the RSS, those who want single-party rule in the country. The fight is between BJP-RSS and the progressive forces of the country. Wherever I go, people are saying they are sacred. There’s a force that’s trying to control India.
- Five years ago, some people said no one can defeat Narendra Modi. But we didn’t back down. We fought in parliament; we fought on the ground. Now he’s feeling scared. No one today is saying that Narendra Modi will win.
- We are fighting against the ideology that is a threat to the Constitution. PM Modi is ignoring the intelligence of the RBI and announcing demonetisation… Wherever I go, the people of the country say that there is a force that is trying to control the country.
- Narendra Modi thinks giving speeches and comments are the PM’s job. But PM’s job is to think with strategy. He has no strategy in his work. Look at Jammu and Kashmir.
- For nine years, Manmohan Singh ji and I worked hard; we strengthened Panchayati Raj, we empowered women. All that has been wasted. Manmohan Singh improved the country’s economy carefully, strategically.
Watch the full interview here: