‘Food on Every Plate & Pen in Every Hand’: RJD Releases Manifesto for 2019 Polls
Tejashvi Yadav also said that the RJD agrees with the Congress party's manifesto.
Rashtiya Janata Dal (RJD) leader Tejashwi Yadav released the party’s manifesto for the 2019 Lok Sabha election, at the party headquarter in Patna on Monday.
Titled ‘Pratibadhata Patra’ (commitment document), the manifesto focuses on reservation and welfare of backward classes, creating jobs to end migration, and making toddy tax-free again. The manifesto championed the mantra to provide food on every plate and a pen in every hand.
Yadav also threw his weight behind the Congress party saying, “The RJD also agrees with the manifesto released by the Congress party,” reported The Hindu.
Following are some of the important points from the manifesto:
- RJD will ensure a caste-based census is conducted in 2021.
- The Mandal Commission’s recommendations will be implemented.
- The party will try to bring a provision for amendment in the Constitution for reservation in government services.
- All vacant government posts will be filled.
- The party will also work for reservation in private sector.
- The party will explore ways to improve employment so that people of Bihar should not have to migrate in search of livelihood.
- A helpline for migrant workers from Bihar will be set up to provide timely help.
- The party will spend 6 per cent of the GDP on education and 4 per cent on healthcare.
- Toddy will be made tax free to provide relief to millions of consumers.